Falls from height are among the most common causes of serious work-related injuries and deaths in the workplace. This comprehensive fall protection training was developed to meet the highest standards for training in most Canadian jurisdictions using Canadian Standards Associations (CSA) Z259.
Designed to educate the worker in the planning, use, care and implementation of common fall protection systems, it includes both theory and practical application exercises. Participants will engage in hands-on training activities, including inspecting, fitting, adjusting and connecting fall protection systems and components.
If you plan to work in Newfoundland and Labrador or Ontario, check with your employer for certification eligibility to ensure it meets local jurisdictional needs as outlined below:
Newfoundland and Labrador: These workers are required to complete a minimum 2-day Workplace NL training course.
Ontario: The ESC course is not valid for workers who work on “construction projects”. These workers will need to take an Ontario Working at Height (WAH) training course, which is mandated by the Ontario Ministry of Labour.
While this basic course can be used as part of a worker's competency assessment, the employer must designate a worker as a "competent person" based on specific tasks assigned
Upon successful completion of this course and examination with a minimum score of 70%, you will receive a Certificate of Completion that is valid for three years.
- Why fall protection is important
- Legislative roles and responsibilities
- Identifying and assessing fall hazards, hierarchy of controls, and development of fall protection and
safe work procedures
- Types of fall arrest systems, equipment and components
- The use, care, storage, maintenance and inspection of fall protection equipment, systems and
- Fall protection system forces and clearances
- Effects of falls and fall rescue planning
There are no classes scheduled at this time.
Please check back for updates.
|Call Us : Sales & Service: (877) 747-7117 Corporate: (800) 434-7065|