The Infrared Mechanical Inspection training course is designed for infrared camera users or practicing thermographers wanting focused training on mechanical inspection.
This course discusses typical mechanical problems and their potential impact on the operation of a facility. Learn how to perform infrared mechanical inspections, document IR survey results and prepare reports.
This two-day course focuses on commercial and industrial mechanical systems from valves, heat exchangers, bearings, belt drives, gear boxes, tanks, insulation systems, HVAC, etc. Performing infrared mechanical inspections and preparing reports are discussed in light of infrared camera equipment needed, safety and efficiency.
Course duration: 2 days
Infrared Course Benefits
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Discuss how thermal imaging systems for mechanical inspection applications
- Apply good mechanical inspection safety procedures
- Describe different equipment inspection methods
- Recognize typical thermal patterns associated with mechanical faults
- Collect quality data and account for effects such as distance and emissivity using infrared cameras
- Interpret thermograms and make informed decisions using heat transfer concepts to analyze images
- Select severity criteria useful for mechanical inspections
- Report your findings with infrared analysis and IR reporting software
- Avoid costly mistakes - distinguish between hot spots and reflections, and direct vs. indirect readings
To register, or for more information on these courses, please complete the email form below or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.