The Infrared Electrical Inspection training course is designed for infrared camera users or practicing thermographers wanting focused training on electrical inspection. The Infrared Electrical Inspection course discusses typical electrical problems and their potential impact on the operation of a facility. Learn how to perform infrared electrical inspections, document IR survey results and prepare reports.
This two-day Infrared Electrical Inspection Course focuses on commercial electrical systems from the building input through switchgear, bus ducts, motor control centers, electrical distribution panels, breakers. How to perform infrared electrical inspections and prepare reports are discussed in light of infrared camera equipment needed, safety and efficiency. Marketing and selling your infrared inspection services is also covered.
Course duration: 2 days
Infrared Course Benefits
- Introduction to thermal imaging systems for electrical inspection applications
- Acquire good electrical inspection safety procedures
- Study indoor and outdoor electrical equipment inspection methods
- Recognize the typical thermal patterns associated with electrical faults
- Collect quality data, and account for effects such as distance and emissivity using infrared cameras
- Interpret thermograms and make informed decisions using heat transfer concepts to analyze images
- Review severity criteria used for electrical inspections
- Learn how to report your findings with infrared analysis and IR reporting software
- Avoid costly mistakes-distinguish between hot spots and reflections, and direct vs. indirect readings
- Practice and enhance your skills in our electrical application lab
To register, or for more information on these courses, please complete the email form below or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.