The Infrared Home Inspection training course is designed for practicing thermographers and home inspectors who want focused infrared training on applications pertaining to conditions and challenges of structures. This course discusses applications related to home inspection standards of practices and their potential impact on the structure's and the occupants' health, safety and comfort.
This two-day course focuses on residential structures. Students learn to perform an infrared survey to identify moisture intrusion, insulation defects, air leakage, structural defects and HVAC issues. These problems, if not discovered and corrected, can compromise a dwelling's efficiency, comfort, health and overall safety. Learn how to perform infrared building surveys, document IR survey results, prepare reports and convey the results of the survey to your clients or others.
Course duration: 2 days
Infrared Course Benefits
- Introduction to thermal imaging, learn what the camera "sees"
- Image Interpretation, what do you see in the image, so you can advise your client
- General camera operation, what is required for a good image
- Learn the building science applications that will assist you and your client
- Collect quality support data, and account for image and measurement effects such as emissivity
- Interpret thermograms and make informed decisions using heat transfer concepts to analyze images
- Reporting - learn how to report your findings with infrared analysis and IR reporting software
- Avoid costly mistakes - distinguish between true energy and reflected energy
- Application of standards and how to interpret the usage
- Understand the fundamentals of differences for scaling surveys to commercial structures
To register, or for more information on these courses, please complete the email form below or e-mail us at email@example.com.