The Level I Infrared Thermography training course is geared to the new infrared camera user and focuses on its use for a variety of condition monitoring/predictive maintenance applications. Attendees who complete all training course requirements and a thermography field assignment will receive a Level I Infrared thermography certification.
Course duration: 4 days
Certification: The learning objectives, contact hours, and written exam of ITC's Level I course are based on the requirements outlined by ANSI/ASNT CP-105 and CP-189 of the American Society for Non-Destructive Testing.
Infrared Course Benefits
- Introduction to thermal imaging and measurement systems for predictive maintenance applications. No experience in thermography is necessary!
- Collect quality data, accurate temperature readings, and account for measurement effects such as distance and emissivity using infrared cameras.
- Interpret thermograms and make informed decisions using heat transfer concepts to analyze thermal images, and see the latest in infrared inspection report generation and database software.
- Avoid costly mistakes - learn to distinguish between hot spots and reflections, direct vs. indirect readings and qualitative vs. quantitative thermography.
- Challenge yourself with field applications labs that closely simulate real-world infrared applications.
- Infrared thermography applications overview
- Basic camera setup and operation
- Basic IR camera user interface, menu description and navigation, operational tips and tricks and key elements to getting a good IR image
- Thermal science fundamentals
- Heat transfer
- Fundamentals of infrared science
- Thermal measurement
- Electrical applications
- Thermography safety
- Mechanical applications
- Building applications
- Final exam
To register, or for more information on these courses, please complete the email form below or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.