Responsible for achieving inside sales revenue goals by obtaining and up-selling orders, creating customer satisfaction, and adding value to the customer’s buying experience. May own a book of accounts.
• Obtains orders through email and telephone calls, verifies and enters items, transfers orders to fulfillment, explains stock-outs and expected delivery dates.
• Collaborates with outside sales to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Increases orders by suggesting related items, explains features, and checks customer’s buying history.
• Owns, qualifies and develops opportunities passed from marketing, outside sales, and national accounts.
• Keeps abreast of new products.
• Identifies ways for continuous improvement of processes.
• Prepares, generates, and follows up on verbal or written quotations to secure orders, or determine reason for loss of order.
• Reviews open customer order reports and takes action on open items, including those items that may be at risk in meeting customer’s promised delivery date.
• Maintains distribution system backorder report, associated customer expediting report and notices, and customer notification.
• Reports industry trends, competitive pricing and customer feedback to management.
- Outbound Sales calls are required to generate and increase sales
- Scheduling of Safety Training for our customer base
- Service related work : ie - Fit testing, Fall Protection equipment inspection; DOP testing
- Various operational duties as required: - ie - receiving, invoicing, picking orders, filing etc
- Counter sales service
- Organization and Implementation of Branch sales events
Sales and sales administration in either electrical or industrial construction equipment – 2 years required; 4 years preferred.
Telephone sales or business development with proven track record of achieving revenue goals – 2 years required; 4 years preferred.
Health and Safety industry knowledge is an asset - 2-4 years Safety industrial experience preferred,
High School Degree or equivalent required.
Knowledge of electrical, construction or mechanical products preferred.
Knowledge of Health and Safety industry.
Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
Familiar with Microsoft Office, and ability to perform basic computer skills.
Ability to prospect and market concepts to existing and potentially new accounts.
Ability to work in team environment.
Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in written form.
Attention to detail.
Ability to interpret complex information.
Ability to use win-win approach to resolve controversy, remain objective and fair when dealing with sensitive situations, and maintain constructive working relationships despite disagreement.
Ability to take action in solving problems while exhibiting judgment and realistic understanding of issues.
Ability to influence others.
Ability to prepare for emerging customer.
Technical aptitude for equipment and service related issues preferred.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: ·
General Office – Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment.
Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc.
Work is also performed in warehouse environment and will require Safety Personal Protective equipment to be worn.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: ·
Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking for up to 50% of the time.
· Employee required to problem-solve.
· Employee required to communicate with the public.
For WESCO locations in Canada, we offer a competitive compensation and flexible benefit plan, pension plan, educational assistance plan and more. Please note, in the recruitment process accommodations for applicants with disabilities are available upon request. WESCO values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.