Responsible for selling merchandise to customers over the counter, providing customer service, and facilitating sales while demonstrating knowledge of products. The Successful Candidate will also be required to assist from time to time with warehouse maintenance as well as undergo training for onsite services, such as fit testing and equipment inspection. The candidate will be proficient in computer usage, and possess an outgoing personality.
- Suggests selections to meet customer needs and emphasizes selling points of article including quality and utility.
- Prepares sales slip.
- Receives payment or obtains credit authorization.
- Places new merchandise on display.
- Reviews and maintains counter inventory levels.
- Recommends new stock items by completing necessary forms.
- Maintains security of cash drawer and shipping ticket audit copies.
- Warehouse, counter sales, customer service representative – 1 year required; 3 years preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Able to evaluate products in terms of customer needs and know how to apply products.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic computer skills, including Word and Excel, Internet.
- General Office – Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc.
- Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking for up to 10% of the time.
- Employee required to organize and coordinate schedules.
- Employee required to problem-solve.
- Employee required to communicate with the public.
For WESCO locations in Canada, we offer a competitive compensation and flexible benefit plan, pension plan, educational assistance plan and more. Please note, in the recruitment process accommodations for applicants with disabilities are available upon request.
WESCO values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.